Back from the 4th

Hi!
I'm back from a mini 4th of July vacation in Strathmere. Now I have some bad vacation habits to break, staying in bed until after 8AM, taking a little baby nap in the afternoon, watching too much tv, eating ice cream for lunch. Now I have to get back on a regular work schedule for next week's update, and it's Wednesday night already, the week is almost over!
Look at my pretty-pretty hydrangeas! I have 3 planted in my garden, and they are about 2 years old. Two of them really got alot of flowers on them this year. The other only got one small clump. I prefer them when they are kind of bluish-green, but the purple is very pretty. (click images for larger views)



Here are two photos of the last section of the kitchen that I painted a few weeks ago in Strathmere. This is just the area over the stove and sink, where I display alot of my green dishes and kitchen stuff. The kitchen still looks kind of rough, but the paint makes it look fresh and clean.

I can't set still, even on vacation I have to do something to keep busy. I did some sewing for my Wardrobe Refashion Pledge (photos to follow in a day or so) plus I worked on a cross sticth project that I had started about 6 or more years ago. I am determined to get it finished this Summer!
OK, so I just stopped in for a quick hello and to let you know what I am up to. I have some vintage hats and purses set for me to work on tomorrow for next week's update.

Take a look at some photos from the best 4th of July Parade in Jersey - www.strathmere.net/parade.html

Bye for now, Carol

No comments: