The Dressing/Guest Room



I finished re-doing the room that will be my Dressing-Slash-Guest room. Painted the hideous bright blue walls a very pale green and replaced the pilled and stained/faded mauve rug with a neutral color. I made the curtains from some vintage fabric. All of the furniture is old, including the metal bed that originally came from my great-aunt's house, I think that it's from the 1930s. The Bessie Pease Gutmann prints are old too.




My make-up table.




One wall shows off some of my Summery vintage purses





There are only 2 closets on my floor so this old coat rack - which came from a vintage stock purchase in Glassboro - will hold the bulk of my own clothing and some more vintage purses. Vintage shoes underneath.



A closer peek at some of my clothing, kinda smooshed. All but one dress is vintage, all of the purses are vintage, because you know, vintage purses are my weakness.



There are many dressers on my floor which is actually different for me because I haven't had a dresser for my clothing in many years. I junk up my dresser mirrors with photos, scarves, hankies etc. I'm not a fan of mirrors.
My parent's got this dresser from the Deauville Inn in Strathmere when our friends bought it 30+ years ago. The Deauville was once a 20 room hotel and there were many of these antique dressers in amongst the ruins of the old rooms. My Mother refinished and sold several of the dressers and we still have 3 of them, all identical.




The other old dresser has a marble top, super heavy. I don't know where this dresser came from.




The Calla Lily lamp was bought at Cowtown flea market. It was originally classic 1980s shiny brass! I actually bought two of them and I painted the brass.





6 comments:

Linda said...

Really very pretty!

Welcome to DeluxeVille said...

Nice job! It looks lovely. I also love the clothes holder you are keeping all your personal vintage clothing on.

MaryD

Unknown said...

Pretty...love your vintage purse collection and we know the Deauville well! Our favorite shore town.

miss vintage love said...

Wow, what a gorgeous room Carol! I love ALL the furniture, especially your metal bed! I have a metal art deco dresser and it looks like wood too!
Great job! :)

Unknown said...

OMG I am totally in love with every single thing in the amazing room!!! So gorgeous - love the colours and the FROCKS and handbags! The bed linen is GORGEOUS. Sarah xxx

myrtle said...

Oh my! Such a wonderful room.=D