Thinking ahead about my future vintage kitchen again - Kitchen curtains


The future kitchen is dancing around in my head again. I've been thinking about curtains for the 2 windows. I'd love to use vintage fabric, but it would be hard to find the yardage, plus I hate cutting  large pieces of vintage fabric. Also, the kitchen is on the 2nd floor and the light is very bright in there. The curtains will fade and most likely will have to be replaced every few years, and I don't want to destroy vintage fabric for that.
So I've been looking at vintage inspired fabrics. I found these two fabrics on the left from a collection called 'American Retro c.1945', and I think that I am pretty set on ordering them. I'd use the grid/floral print to make cafe curtains for the two windows. And the ric-rac print would make a skirt under a section of the counter.

I've also been searching online for repro linoleum rugs, you'd think that someone would make them. I found the oilcloth below in a nice retro print that would match my future kitchen. I don't think that it would be durable enough for under kitchen chairs, but I think that I could make some throw rugs with it.






3 comments:

BaronessVonVintage said...

oh fantastic choices. your kitchen is going to be perfect! For rugs, have you considered a braided oval? I know my grandmother used to make these rag rugs and one was always near the kitchen sink (a total depression era touch!?)

Dandelion Vintage said...

Hi, I like braided rugs too. That's an option that I'm keeping in mind too, if I can find the right colors.

Gracie's Cottage said...

Love the happy colors!

Jan