My Vintage postcards on display in a Library!

The very first collection to show in the Schiavo Library's Mini Museum is 'Strathmere by the Sea: Vintage Postcards from Strathmere'. The postcards range from the early 1900s to the 1940s.
As I was putting together the collection for the museum, I noted the postmark on the back of one of the postcards was 'August 10th, 1909'. It was amazing to realize that the postcard had been sent exactly 100 years ago during someone's vacation here in Strathmere. I set up the display in the case, which is good because I am very fussy and the postcards mean alot to me. I got the pretty frames from the Dollar store! They were actually $2.50 each.
The book shown with them is a new realease showing postcards from the Southern Jersey Shore and it includes a few pages of Strathmere postcards - which is great because Strathmere usually gets overlooked.









1 comment:

Lizzie said...

Great display, Carol. That's a nice way to show off your collection.