Traveling in style

Usually in the Summer, I carry my stuff to the Shore in a large vintage straw bag. Fun, festive, and fits the season. But they get beat up, and I have to buy another bag every season. One of my vintage friends Carolina was telling me that she was looking for train cases. So I thought, hmm, one of those would be good for the Shore. I don't know what it is about small train cases, but they make you want to pack up some little things and go! I'm just concerned a case would be bulky carrying, a straw bag is so much easier to toss around - which is why mine get beat up so easily!
I already have a straw bag set aside for this Summer, but I did a little search on etsy for bags and cases anyway, I can always browse. I also have two round zippered cases that I could use, one is lined in peach satin. I'll have to take a photo of it.

Some from Etsy. Click the image to check out these bags in my favorites.

1 comment:

Janel said...

What about those old wicker Mexican vintage bags from the 60s? I always like using those when I head to the beach. Here's a link to one

http://cgi.ebay.com/WOW-Vintage-Mexican-FANCY-Straw-Purse-Bag-HUGE-Flowers_W0QQitemZ290313545040QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVintage_Handbags_Purses?hash=item290313545040&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

These tend to be more durable for me.

-Jenny

www.lavintage.com