Big splurge, feeling guilty, feeling nervous

I like to buy little cheap stuff for myself. I guess I buy alot, but I definately don't spend alot of money, because I'm cheap with what I buy. I don't usually spend big bucks on myself, rarely over $30 for a single item.

I have always wanted a real vintage mannequin display head from the 1930s or 1940s. But they usually go on ebay for over $200, unless they are really beat up. I have 2 repros, but have been waiting to get my hands on a real one for years.

This week I bid on 2 heads on ebay, they ended up going for $210 (left, which had cracking in the face surface) and $184 (right)



But the night they were ending, I also spotted a 'Buy It Now' with 2 1940s heads for $350.00.

ehhh, $350 seemed like alot, but if you think of it as $175 each- it seemed not so bad. Below are the heads, I don't have them yet, so I'll be biting my nails until they get here. One has been painted white but the seller said that it looks like the original paint is still underneath and you can see it in the photos. You know though, I kind of like the look of it like that.
They'll be here later this week. I'll let you know if they are awesome-splurge-worthy when they get here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like your 1940s heads the best. They just appear more artistic and vintage-y. Congratulations on the purchase!