Lindsay Lohan in recreation of legendary Marilyn photo shoot



I'm sorry, but I just gotta bitch about this. Is there no originality left in the world? Has everything original and fabulous been done, leaving magazines and publicists nothing to do but rip off the past, and rip it off poorly?
Lindsay Lohan is featured in a photo shoot in New Yorker magazine, recreating Marilyn Monroe's famous scarf photos. Now, Lindsay is a very pretty girl, but this idea is just a bad one, and the resulting photos make it obvious that it was a bad idea. There is just no comparison. The wig is bad, the make-up is bad. Marilyn is natural in her photos and Lindsay just looks awkward and fake. Her freckles are cute, I will give her that as a positive. But whoever came up with the idea for this photo shoot should be fired.
And amazingly enough, the guy who did the original photos, Bert Stern, did these too. What was he thinking?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

jeez, I don't know what to say other than 'Young Hollywood sucks' I hate comparisons to legends.

Michelle said...

Can I poke my eyes out now... I love your blog and added it to my blogroll over at One of a Kind Wisconsin
I really don't think Lindsay Lohan has anything on Marilyn Monroe- the picture looks kind of sad and stupid.