eVintage Blog Tag - Oscar Fashions

eVintage Blog Tag! The Oscars - I was tagged by Julie at Damn Good Vintage to answer the following questions about Oscar Fashions.

1) FAVORITE GOWNS OF THE NIGHT & WHY?

- I liked the French Girl's dress. I liked the mermaid-like scales effect, although they did look a little odd around the breasteses. I thought she was beautiful, and I read that she is making a movie with Johnny Depp and SeƱor Bale, lucky girl.
- Olive from Pushing Daisies looked great in that gathered black chiffon gown.
- Cate Blanchett always (well, usually) looks great and I really like this dress on her even though I tend not to like most pregnant lady fashions. I like nice loose fabric over a belly, not skin tight, so this passes nicely for me.
- Oh no, can you believe that's she's on my list of best! I always thought she was annoying and never liked that Alley McButter show. But I liked this gathered Grecian Goddess dress.



2) WHAT ERA DO YOU THINK IT REPRESENTED BEST?
I guess Kristin Chenoweth's black gathered gown had the most vintage style to it. It reminds me of 1950s gathers and draping done like Ceil Chapman or sculpted fitting like Howard Greer.

3) LEAST FAVORITE GOWNS OF THE NIGHT & WHY?
- Cameron Diaz is always a mess. The dress would have been nice it it were less wrinkled, if you couldn't see her tan lines and if she did something with her hair. She always looks like she just got in from the beach and yanked that hair back in a ponytail. Yeah, that's her thing, but hasn't that been her 'thing' for a bit too long now?
- Julie Christie, I am sorry. You are perfection from the shoulders-up. I read that she designed her dress, I love home sewn stuff myself (although this is not exactly 'home sewn') and I think it's a great idea. But this didn't turn out to be a great idea. Maybe without the pink gloves? No, it still would have been all wrong. You deserve a much more beautiful gown than this.



4) WHAT ERA DO YOU THINK IT REPRESENTED BEST (or worst, as it were)?
Cammie's dress looks very 1950s and it really is a great dress, she just totally messed it up. Ms. Christie looks kind of like a goth 1960s cocktail dress, which I would have loved, when I was 18-22.

6) TILDA SWINTON, FASHION SCORE OR SCARE?
Who? I've seen her picture but none of her movies, so I don't know anything about her. Didn't care for the Oscar look she wore.

7) WHAT DID YOU EAT WHILE WATCHING THE SHOW? I don't watch the Oscars, I just look at the Red Carpet photos the next day.


Honorable mentions.
Ruby Baby, Ruby Baby - Ruby Dee was one of those gorgeous ladies in red. She just looked classic and fabulous.
Cody Diablo. Never heard of her before, haven't seen the pregnant teen movie that she wrote/won an Oscar for either. I think she made alot of the worst dressed lists, but I liked her look (except for the gold ballet flats) She's not typical Hollywood, so why should she dress the part? I liked the leopard print dress, I liked the tattoos, the hair and make-up were great. Very Rock-n-Roll. I thought she looked cool.



Now, follow the blog tag on to Penelopepup's Vintage Blog

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I adore the dress wore by Cameron Diaz. Its bright and neat on the eyes but elegant.Too simple yet attractive