Remember the Dimple

"Don't be hasty Hildy, remember the dimple - and it's still in the same place"

I wasn't feeling well today, so I didn't get any work done. But I did get to watch His Girl Friday (yet again) while I was convalescing. I love that movie, one of my all time favorites, but who couldn't love Cary Grant and Rosalind Russell. The dialog goes so fast and funny. Rosalind is so awesome! plus she wears these great striped suits too, and a fantastic matching striped hat at the beginning of the movie.

The quote about the dimple comes when Hildy complains to Walter because he fought their divorce several months earlier. She was mad because Walter had a skywriter write the message 'Hildy don't be hasty, remember the dimple' in the sky over the courthouse when she was trying to get the divorce finalized. He then tells her that he still has the dimple and it's in the same place.
It's a great, funny movie, see it if you haven't already!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've GOT to be feeling better, with a great Cary Grant movie to perk you up!

Anonymous said...

This is a favorite of mine too!