DIY Sewing & Refashioning article in Time magazine

Here's a good story from Time magazine about the trend of people returning to sewing their own clothing, or refashioning used clothing. It's great to know that alot of people are interested in setting their own trends by making their own clothing, rather than following what the Mall and magazines tell them is a hot trend. The article mentions the Wardrobe Refashion group that I joined during the Summer (their site is where I found the Time story link)
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1562966,00.html

A new sewing machine is actually on my Christmas list (a cheap one) I'm tired of sewing on my itty-bitty machine that I bought at Target for $19.99. It was good for small projects, but I need a nice solid machine so that I can use that sewing area that I finally have in my new room.

4 comments:

miss vintage love said...

Sewing is the love of my life, next to my vintage clothing collection of course.
Hopefully you get a great machine for Christmas! I got a Singer for Christmas when I was 13, and its still going strong, 16 years later!

Anonymous said...

Wanna best books at most discounted prices then try shopping at CouponAlbum............I mostly purchased books at this site and saved money while shopping.........!!

Anonymous said...

its a good idea especially in these economic times

felicia said...

Thanks for the link! I hope you get your sewing machine; I know how much it sucks not to have one. Mine broke a while ago and I've been hand-sewing.