Artsy project


Inspired by the Art Every Day Project that I came across after visiting Art Junk's blog . I wish I could devote a little time each day to do something creative, but right now things are kind of hectic. But I did work on this box a few nights last week. I took and old gift box that came out of an estate, I think a wallet had been in it. I grabbed the lingerie images that I used on the top of the box and on the inside of the lid from normavalentine's beautiful flickr images The other images were items I found online or scanned myself. To the left is the top of the box with some vintge flowers, gold star fabric and gold velvet ribbon around the sides.
The inside of the lid (below, right) has more gold star fabric, a copy of a vintage lingerie image and more millinery flowers. The inside of the bottom of the box has some vintage purple crepe fabric, green ribbon and a small bunch of flowers.
The underneath of the box (photo on right) has a copy of an old magazine, a copy of a flower seed catalog and a flapper photo add. All done with good old fashion Modge podge!


New at Dandelion Vintage this week -
11 Dressy Blouses - nylon & rayon, 1950-60s
6 skirts - 2 1940s rayon skirts, 2 full circle skirts & a novelty print skirt
9 Victorian & Edwardian items - skirts, bodice, capes, Black dress & more
11 slips - full and half slips, all nylon, 1950-60s
11 more slips! - several more pretty styles
1940s black floral rayon dress (small)
Another page of photos from Victorian to 1930s
a 1950s wedding gown - long train, small size


OK, time for some pumpkin pie after I wash my face and put on the pjs. Then to settle down and watch the Gilmore Girls. Let's see how mad this episode makes me. I cannot believe Lorelei married Christopher. This is definately going to be the last season of this show, they totally ruined it.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Bye for now, Carol

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there!

Just to let you know that I have placed Dandelion Vintage as our favorite online store for this week!

I hope you might drop by and check it out.

Kind regards,
Bronny

www.askbronny.com
your online fashion stylist

Alison said...

Your box is so feminine Carol - really pretty.
...and you do do something creative each day - you design and run a fabulously successful vintage clothing business - one of the BEST!

Dandelion Vintage said...

Hey Bronny! Thanks for letting me know about the mention on your site. I'm always glad to mention a mention!


Alison, you young sweet girl, Thank you so much for the compliment. It's been a little hectic and rough lately, so the boost is muchly appreciated!