Love this Victorian fabric


This is a really great fabric that I totally love! It's from a Victorian petticoat, late 1800s to early 1900s. Very Art Nouveau. It's a very dark green cotton with water lillies in purple, mauve and pink, with blue water swirls beneath them. I wish that I had yards and yards of this fabric. I don't know what I would do with the fabric, probably build a shrine to honor it because I'd be afraif to cut it! I would wear this as a regular skirt myself, if it were my size. But I have a personal rule about not altering vintage to fit me other than minor hemming.

This petticoat along with several other Victorian & Edwardian items are set to be added to the website on Monday along with some skirts and some dressy blouses. Today I'm going to try to get a big group of slips set for this week's update too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
miss vintage love said...

Thats gorgeous!

I got your comment about my "disco" shoes, hehe.
You could totally be right, that they're from the 40s. How can I tell?

Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

Nice fabric!! Find more new and latest designs at CouponAlbum site....