My morning walk on the beach

My Dad picked up Boris and Harlow Sunday morning, so I have today in Strathmere all to myself. This gives me a chance to take my morning beach walk. I like to go early before people start showing up with all their beach crap and their kids. Here are a few snaps to show why I love a quiet morning beach walk.










The water is still cold, but I got my feet wet



I like to pick up pretty stones, mostly white, pinkish-coral and lavender. Today I picked up a few pretty black stone. I wish that I could make something with them. For now they'll go with the other stones in my drepression glass relish dishes, on the windowsill.

3 comments:

Angela said...

Those stones are gorgeous Carol! I agree, the beach is much more beautiful before everyone arrives with all their junk. I would love to have a beach all to myself....

Shaheen said...

Truly the best time and way to enjoy the beach - all to yourself. Just the way I like it too.

The stones are stunning too. Little treasures of their own. If I had found them, I would either have added it to my fish tank or at the bottom of a vase. Beautiful natural finds. Thank you for sharing.

Mary Liz said...

Love the beach! Your photo is fabulous!