3 Vintage dresses for me

I bought a few cute dresses for myself on ebay recently. I know, they're Summer dresses, it'll be 6 months before I can wear them, I should be buying Fall stuff! But they were too cute to pass up and the weather is still too warm here in NJ to think about sweaters.

- First is a pink and white gingham cotton with inset strips and flat fabric tabs along the top.
- Next is an unusual Swirl dress that I bought from dexterdoggie - It has an overlapped bodice with shoulders that tie. There is elastic on the back of the waist with 2 buttons to hold it shut. It is a little snug on the waist, so I need to trim down an inch or so to wear it by next Summer. Swirl dresses are great if you can get them, super comfortable to wear.
- Third is a great blue on white toile print cotton dress. It was unworn with tags, super lightweight cotton. The print is just really great and the front of the skirt has great folding.




Those first 2 pictures are crooked! I wonder if it was me or the mannequin that was lopsided!

So, Dumbledore is gay, how about that. Maybe the purple velvet suit should have been a giveaway. I bet the fanfic writers are going wild writing about the exploits of his youth!

Heroes - they are off to a slow start. The momentum of last season isn't there yet. I like the Molly/Mohinder/Matt story, and Matt's Dad being the nightmare man, and Nathan being all dark and brooding and a little bit scruffy (it looks good on him) Peter off in the land of amnesiacs and bad Irish accents is really dragging and I'm unsure of Hiro in the past yet.

Mad Men - I tried hard not to fall for you, but I got pulled right in. Now I'll be missing you until next season. Peggy, now that is some serious denial! What a surprise. I mean, you thought she was pregnant, but I couldn't believe it when the nurse walked in with a baby!

Tim Gunn, what happened there? I saw 3 episodes, and each was rerun about 20 times each. Hopefully they are off revamping the show because I'd really like to see it succeed. First thing they need to do is drop the model, she has no personality. They should have a different co-host every week. I saw a rerun of the finale of season 2 of Project Runway last week and I am SO looking forward to the new season, which starts sometime in November.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That blue and white dress is very pretty. How much was it?