My Gals are here - and they are awesome!

My vintage 1940s mannequin display heads arrived today. Thank you FedEx and Thank you to a seller who knows how to pack super-safely!
These gals are awwwwwwwwwwwwesome, I am super happy with them. They already have their places on each end of the mantle in my office (just a mantle, no fireplace) They are displaying two of my favorite hats. Both hats were bought together at my favorite old (closed long ago) thrift shop, about 20 years ago.

The painted gal has a few minor nicks and is a little dirty, but really great condition.




The white gal looks like she has a layer of white and a layer of light tan painted over her original paint. I used a little nail polish remover to take off some of the paint, but I really think I'll end up leaving her like this, because I kinda like the look with some of the white paint worn off.




So it was a splurge for me, but turned out to be well worth it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a serious case of envy for your collections, Carol. Ugh... :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, they are gorgeous! I usually prefer 20s mannequin heads, but these ones are enough to convert me!

Anonymous said...

Wow, those are quite beautiful and I love the hats. Makes me want to start my own collection!

Nikki via The Scarlett Rose Garden said...

Congrats on your girls, they're beautiful! I know what you mean about splurging... they were worth it!
I enjoyed the cupies and vintage photo posts too!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.