A taste of Spring!



We have had such nice weather the past few days, in the 70s. Today is still warm, but overcast and drizzley. So, nice weather means no work! Yeah! At least no indoor work. Saturday, my Dad put up my birdhouse in the front yard - see photo to the left here. It's a big one, on a ten foot pole, hopefully some little birds will move in soon.

I spent some time raking a ton of leaves out of the garden area out back and a little out front. I paid for it later in the day when my back and leg hurt. It was just too nice to set inside at a computer. Although Spring is really still a few weeks away, I couldn't help dragging out all of my little Fairies and garden things and setting them out around the yard. I also bought a shephards hook to hang one of my birdfeeders. I thought the squirrels wouldn't be able to get up the pole, but I was wrong. By the end of the day there was a squirrel hanging upside down on the side of the house eating up the sunflower seeds, with another squirrel on the ground eating up whatever he dropped. Here is that cute little cottage feeder, I bought it online at Christmas.

Some other things out in the yard - a cute bulldog welcome - and the bulldog garden stake was a gift from one of my vintage friends when our old gal Ms. Fatty died. He's not stuck on the ground though, he has a special place on the railing right next to our door.





I bought this cute windchime from Collection Etc. It's made of floral granitewear (of course they were all facing the opposite way when I took the photo) It has silverware hanging from it too, and it's pretty big.

And one more bulldog in the yard (actually there are a few more) but this is a new one, a weathervane. I didn't want it on the roof, because I wouldn't be able to look out the window and see it. So we drilled a hole in the railing of the back porch and put it out there (even though the house will block some of the wind) I'm not really interested in which way the wind is blowing, I just like the bulldog!






Project Runway - Wow, Chloe won! I was surprised at that. Each collection had some nice pieces, but I generally don't like runway clothing anyway, so I guess that I'm not a very good judge. I think they chose Chloe because she has more design experience with her own shop and she'll probably be easier to work with. She seemed like a fun girl and she is talented, so I'm glad that she ended up winning.

Altered Vintage Theme Book - well, we were off to a bumpy start on this project because 2 books were late/missing. But now I think everyone is back on schedule. We mail out our current books on the 15th, so I'll have a new one to work on by the end of the week. Here are the 2 pages that were done in my book (1920-40s Lingerie & Summer Wear)

Turkey update - we broke the count record this week, we had 24 out in the yard one day. A few of the boys face off and strut, which is really cool to see them with their feathers all spread out. Must be because Spring is coming, they're showing off for the girls. The girls eat, and then one day they all layed down in the leaves to rest for awhile. A few took dirt baths, throwing dirt all over themselves. One day the crowd came late and the sun was setting. Instead of walking off into the woods, they all flew up into the trees in our backyard and roosted there for the night! Very cool, have you ever seen a turkey fly? It seems impossible, and I don't know how they manage to hang onto the tree branches all night. But they were still there at sunrise the next morning.

Bye for now, Carol

6 comments:

google nut said...

Hello,
I just happened upon your blog and it's proven to be quite interesting. I run a garden statue website at http://www.bigchimes.com and I have some deals you may find interesting this spring. I will return often to your blog and check out your new posts. Good luck and keep it going!

google nut said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
black said...

bridal online shop bridal gowns wholesale wedding dresses high quality bridal gowns wholesale custom wedding dresses wedding apparel wedding dresses top sellers wedding dresses2010 new arrivals 2010 new arrivals wedding dresses beach wedding dresses Luxury Wedding Dresses plus size wedding dresses wedding party dresses bridesmaid dresses junior bridesmaid dresses flower girl dresses mother of bride dresses wedding shoes wedding bags wedding accessories evening dresses prom dresses cocktail dresses quinceanera dresses little black dresses

Joe said...

Rhinestone bridal gowns Basque Waist bridal gowns Drop Waist bridal gowns Empire Waist bridal gowns Natural Waist bridal gowns Lace Up bridal gowns Low Back bridal gowns Zipper bridal gowns After Six bridesmaid dresses Alexia Designs bridesmaid dresses Alfred Angelo bridesmaid dresses Allure Bridals bridesmaid dresses Alyce Designs bridesmaid dresses Bari Jay bridesmaid dresses Bill Levkoff bridesmaid dresses Christina Rossi bridesmaid dresses Da Vinci bridesmaid dresses Dessy bridesmaid dresses Do You Love Me bridesmaid dresses Eden Bridals bridesmaid dresses Forever Yours bridesmaid dresses Impression bridesmaid dresses Jasmine bridesmaid dresses

Joe said...

Raylia Designs bridesmaid dresses Romantic Bridals bridesmaid dresses Saison Blanche bridesmaid dresses Val Stefani bridesmaid dresses Venus Bridal bridesmaid dresses Watters bridesmaid dresses WTOO bridesmaid dresses A-Line bridesmaid dresses Ball Gown bridesmaid dresses Column bridesmaid dresses Empire bridesmaid dresses Mermaid bridesmaid dresses Princess bridesmaid dresses Sheath bridesmaid dresses Trumpet bridesmaid dresses Bateau bridesmaid dresses

Joe said...

wedding dress wedding dresses wholesale wedding dresses cheap wedding dresses bridal online shop Bridal Gowns bridesmaid dresses Mother of Bride Dresses Flower Girl Dresses Prom Dresses Plus Size Wedding Dresses Beach Wedding Dresses Couture Wedding Dresses Destination Wedding Dresses Informal Wedding Dresses Modest Wedding Dresses Traditional Wedding Dresses Junior Bridesmaid Dresses Cocktail Dresses Evening Dresses Homecoming Dresses plus size prom dresses Quinceanera Dresses