The internet really is a great way to find stuff that you want! I run a website about the history of a little shore town called Strathmere. A man who had an old photo album was trying to identify the photos in it. No dates, nothing written in the album, but a building in one of the photos had a sign that said 'West Jersey Cottage' on it. So he searched that name online, and found my Strathmere website. The West Jersey Cottage was an old hotel in the town, and our house was actually once part of the hotel, it was built as an annex to the hotel in 1902. So this very kind guy took the time to scan all of the photos in the album and sent them to me, so that I could use them on my Strathmere website. The photos are really a fantastic find, they were taken around 1912-14. They show several men fishing and hunting, and they stayed at the West Jersey Cottage, so there are several photos of it and our house too. One of the photos was of this very fashionable young lady. She is standing on a walkway that use to run between the hotel and our house. You can see the hotel on the left, and our house would have been on the right. In the background is the old boathouse, which has now been converted to a 2 room efficiency cottage. WWII and a hurricane in 1944 put the hotel out of business. The larger hotel building was moved up the street, and our house remains in the same place.
So I spent several days this week getting these photos and a bunch of others ready to put up on my Strathmere site, putting off my money-making work until the weekend, typing like mad on Sunday to get the vintage clothing update ready for Monday. I also moved both my website and the Strathmere site to bigger servers. Zoinks

Cute stuff that you really do not need to buy alert - Collections Etc - this place has the cutest little junk for your house and garden. Everything is $14.99 too. I've bought several cute fairy garden things from them over the years. I just bought this cute set of birdfeeders that look like cattails, they are stakes that you stick in the ground and seeds go in the tops. I also bought a windchime that looks like old granitewear. Do not go there if you are weak for cute unnecessary stuff like me!

Some fun items that I spotted on ebay -
Cute guitar print 50s dress - with a 34 inch waist
Watering can circle skirt
Sea Shore border print skirt
Owls in the Trees skirt


Project Runway - well, I had been thinking that Daniel was going to win, but after seeing last week's episode (and searching online for photos of their fashion shows) I think that Santino is going to win. It looks like he really listened to the judges about toning down his designs, because his collection actually looks very nice, nice enough to be the best.

What happened in the last 15 minutes of the Gilmore Girls? I missed it. I missed the previous week too because I had a migraine. The last I saw, Rory was pouting (what's new?) because she found out that her obnoxious boyfriend hooked up with other girls while they were broken up and Lorelei volunteered to babysit Christopher's daughter. Gilmore Girls is one of the few primetime shows that I watch regularly, but I really don't like either of the Gilmore Girls. I find them both very immature and spoiled. How old is Rory now? I think she can stop with the baby talk, and does she have to succeed at eveything she does? Oh, and poor Rory can't tour the Orient this Summer because her boyfriend actually has to get a job. If I had to choose between the two of them, I would choose Lorelei, because she's less annoying, but really very selfish and immature. So your parents tried to control your life when you were 16 and pregnant, get over it! So why do I watch this show if I don't like the 2 main characters? I love everyone else on the show. I love Mr. & Mrs. Gilmore, Luke, Lane (hey Rory, remember your best friend) and Lane's band, and all the kooky people who live in the town. L&L are alright really, they just really bug me sometimes.


Carol

No comments: