Vintage glasses shopping


So I need to get glasses for the first time in my life. I noticed that my vision was getting blurry while driving last year. And lately it's been getting blurry up close too. I can see my computer screen fine, so I guess my eyesight has adjusted to the computer, and everything else is starting to blur!
I went this morning for an exam and I do need glasses as I suspected I would. I'm actually looking forward to wearing glasses. They didn't have much of a choice in the way of frames that would be vintage-like. I asked the glasses gal if she could put lenses in a vintage pair for me, and she didn't seem to keen on that. But hopefully I'll find a place around here that can do it.

In the meantime I have a pair of brown tortoise-like as-close-to-vintage-as-I-could-get glasses on order from them, and I'm on the lookout for a cool vintage pair to see if I can get my lenses put in them. Here are a few that I spotted on ebay this morning. Oh yeah, I want to go all out with cateyes, maybe a little Madame Sparkles. I also want to get a pretty chain for my neck to hang my glasses from.. Then all that I'll need is a pearl necklace, my hair in a bun and a sweater around my shoulders.



3 comments:

InkyW said...

may i suggest checking out Shuron.com. they are fantastic to deal with and i can't recommend them enough. contact tr@shuron.com (tony rivers) - he's the best. You can read a little review on my blog http://inkyknits.blogspot.com/2010/03/uh-oh-now-shes-gone-and-ruined.html

there are places that will insert lenses in vintage frames - keep looking if your heart is set on vintage.

Dandelion Vintage said...

Oh cool, Thanks for the link. I'll have to check out their glasses.

cj poindexter said...

If the frames are in good shape, there shouldn't be any reason they can't put the lenses in. Unless the glasses are a really odd shape. My brother used to buy 5 dollar street vendor sunglasses and outfit them with his perscription lenses. He saved a lot of money...

Definitely go with the jeweled cat eyes...