My posts have been lacking lately, sorry. Summer is a little hectic, and the vintage work has been busy too. So here are some odds-n-ends to mention.
I bought these little terra cotta pots with seeds at the Dollar store. So cute - sunflowers, Forget-me-nots and clover. I put the little pots in one of my depression glass dishes on the window, they look really cute (which is good, I keep going to look at how cute they are, so I keep remembering to water them)


Remember my flood, how could you forget? Well the carpet in the bathroom got trashed, I hated it anyway. I really want tile in there, because I don't like carpet in a bathroom. But my Dad said a new subfloor had to be put in before we could put in tile, which basically means he didn't want to do it. So we ended up with carpet again. I was really anxious to get something in there because it looked bad. The only piece of carpet that was the right size and quality was a dark plum. Somehow I made it match my pale aqua walls. I bought shower curtains at the dollar store that had a paler version of the plum along with the aqua in them, and that pulled it together. It will do until I can find vintage fabric to make curtains and until I can get tile put in there.

Below is a shot of the walls with the magically matching curtains, and a few of my mermaids. The clothing in the next photo is my 'closet' - since there is no closet in the cottage, I have to hang my clothing off the side of the shower stall.



And here's the blue dress from above on me, yesterday. It's a great dress, very lightweight cotton, very comfortable.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The little pots are so cute : )