My posts have been lacking lately, sorry. Summer is a little hectic, and the vintage work has been busy too. So here are some odds-n-ends to mention.
I bought these little terra cotta pots with seeds at the Dollar store. So cute - sunflowers, Forget-me-nots and clover. I put the little pots in one of my depression glass dishes on the window, they look really cute (which is good, I keep going to look at how cute they are, so I keep remembering to water them)


Remember my flood, how could you forget? Well the carpet in the bathroom got trashed, I hated it anyway. I really want tile in there, because I don't like carpet in a bathroom. But my Dad said a new subfloor had to be put in before we could put in tile, which basically means he didn't want to do it. So we ended up with carpet again. I was really anxious to get something in there because it looked bad. The only piece of carpet that was the right size and quality was a dark plum. Somehow I made it match my pale aqua walls. I bought shower curtains at the dollar store that had a paler version of the plum along with the aqua in them, and that pulled it together. It will do until I can find vintage fabric to make curtains and until I can get tile put in there.

Below is a shot of the walls with the magically matching curtains, and a few of my mermaids. The clothing in the next photo is my 'closet' - since there is no closet in the cottage, I have to hang my clothing off the side of the shower stall.



And here's the blue dress from above on me, yesterday. It's a great dress, very lightweight cotton, very comfortable.

4 comments:

Indy Grrrl said...

The little pots are so cute : )

black said...

bridal online shop bridal gowns wholesale wedding dresses high quality bridal gowns wholesale custom wedding dresses wedding apparel wedding dresses top sellers wedding dresses2010 new arrivals 2010 new arrivals wedding dresses beach wedding dresses Luxury Wedding Dresses plus size wedding dresses wedding party dresses bridesmaid dresses junior bridesmaid dresses flower girl dresses mother of bride dresses wedding shoes wedding bags wedding accessories evening dresses prom dresses cocktail dresses quinceanera dresses little black dresses

Joe said...

Saison Blanche bridal gowns San Patrick bridal gowns Sincerity Bridal bridal gowns Sottero & Midgley bridal gowns Stephen Yearick bridal gowns Symphony bridal gowns Val Stefani bridal gowns Venus Bridal bridal gowns Watters bridal gowns WTOO bridal gowns YSA Makino bridal gowns Bateau bridal gowns Halter bridal gowns High Neck bridal gowns Jewel bridal gowns Off the Shoulder bridal gowns One Shoulder bridal gowns Portrait bridal gowns Queen Anne bridal gowns Sabrina bridal gowns Scoop bridal gowns Spaghetti Straps bridal gowns Square bridal gowns

Joe said...

wedding dress wedding dresses wholesale wedding dresses cheap wedding dresses bridal online shop Bridal Gowns bridesmaid dresses Mother of Bride Dresses Flower Girl Dresses Prom Dresses Plus Size Wedding Dresses Beach Wedding Dresses Couture Wedding Dresses Destination Wedding Dresses Informal Wedding Dresses Modest Wedding Dresses Traditional Wedding Dresses Junior Bridesmaid Dresses Cocktail Dresses Evening Dresses Homecoming Dresses plus size prom dresses Quinceanera Dresses