Project Runway - Leanne wins



I guess that we could have predicted this weeks ago right? Although, at the last second I thought Korto could have pulled off the win. She had some beautiful pieces. In case you missed it, Korto did win the Viewer's Choice $10K prize, good for her.
What happened to a reunion show? Why didn't we get to see everyone rag on Kenley, and hear Stella say 'Leathuh' and Blayne some stupid 'liscious' thing? And see Christian present Korto with a giant 10K check? This season was really pretty weak. Did they do a bad job with the show because it's trying to jump networks? What's the show going to be like if it does move to Lifetime? I hope that it stays on Bravo and I hope the show-makers step back up to the job next season.
The talent really paled compared to the talented designers of last season. There was great talent here, Leanne and Korto showed that. But I still wonder how some designers even made it onto the show - Blayne, Joe, Suede? and the fact that Joe and Suede still got to show collections at fashion week because of the shows stupid timing with airin episodes and fashion week, still ticks me off. They didn't win the right to have that kind of exposure. I mean, good for them, but it's not fair to the real final 3.

I didn't blog much about this season here, because I was doing vintage related Project Runway posts for the Vintage Bulletin - http://vintagebulletin.blogspot.com/search/label/Project%20Runway
There just wasn't enough to talk about in each episode to keep from repeating myself in both blogs. I even lost inspiration a few weeks in the Bulletin blog.

I'm not giving up on the show though, hopefully next season will pick up!
How great were the past few Wednesdays though with Pushing Daisies on at 8:00 and then PR on at 9:00? Great night for tv watching.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I don't know if you liked Christian on this show but he was the receptionist where I got my hair done and friend's best friend. He was really nicer than on the show. Jennifer