I still love them











Since I saw them on the Tom Snyder show in March 1981, I've loved U2. If you know me in real life, you know that I was madly fanatical about U2 back in the day. I guess that I have mellowed over the years, but I still love them. I caught part of their live concert broadcast on YouTube last night.  But it was way past my bedtime, so I didn't watch all the way to the end (can't stay up as late as I used to back in the day!)
They are still as awesome as they were in 1981. Older (except for Larry, it seems he hasn't changed at all) and Bono's voice isn't quite as strong as it used to be, but he still gives it the gusto.
Even though I am a hardcore, die hard fan, even I get tired of Bono yapping about political and social issues all the time. Great, you want to heal the world, but sometimes I just want to say 'Shut up and sing Bono'
15 years+ ago their shows cost over $1 Million a night to put on, I can't imagine how much all thet techno junk costs now to haul around and set up.
So this morning I dug out some U2 CDs and I'm listening to them while I work.

5 comments:

Jenns Three Graces said...

They just played by us! In MD...Jennifer

Anonymous said...

to absolutely everything you wrote, i have to say, "me too."
-kelly

black said...

bridal online shop bridal gowns wholesale wedding dresses high quality bridal gowns wholesale custom wedding dresses wedding apparel wedding dresses top sellers wedding dresses2010 new arrivals 2010 new arrivals wedding dresses beach wedding dresses Luxury Wedding Dresses plus size wedding dresses wedding party dresses bridesmaid dresses junior bridesmaid dresses flower girl dresses mother of bride dresses wedding shoes wedding bags wedding accessories evening dresses prom dresses cocktail dresses quinceanera dresses little black dresses

Joe said...

Zipper flower girl dresses 2010 New Styles prom dresses Jordan Fashions prom dresses Watters prom dresses Embroidery & Beading prom dresses Embroidery & Sequin prom dresses Lace prom dresses Rhinestone prom dresses Basque Waist prom dresses Drop Waist prom dresses Empire Waist prom dresses Natural Waist prom dresses Lace Up prom dresses Low Back prom dresses Zipper prom dresses Taffeta bridesmaid dresses

Joe said...

wedding dress wedding dresses wholesale wedding dresses cheap wedding dresses bridal online shop Bridal Gowns bridesmaid dresses Mother of Bride Dresses Flower Girl Dresses Prom Dresses Plus Size Wedding Dresses Beach Wedding Dresses Couture Wedding Dresses Destination Wedding Dresses Informal Wedding Dresses Modest Wedding Dresses Traditional Wedding Dresses Junior Bridesmaid Dresses Cocktail Dresses Evening Dresses Homecoming Dresses plus size prom dresses Quinceanera Dresses