Project Runway & my new Giant room divider

Project Runway - I promise to be brief - They were still in Paris. The challenge was to make a couture dress. Michael was a bit out of his element. Uli & Laura did dresses that were their typical style. Jeffrey made a yellow plaid gown with short skirt in front and streamers down the back (picture Gwen Stefani dancing around with Japanese schoolgirls in the background) Kayne did a gold lace corset-top gown with ombre chiffon skirt. The judges thought it was too much and they felt that Kayne lacks taste. I thought the dress was alright. The gold lace may have been glitzy, but the idea of seeing the construction through the lace was interesting and I thought the skirt was really nice and flowy down the back. Vincent made a backwards dress (Thank you NeeeeenaGarrrrrcia for saying what I was thinking) Some snooty designer that I don't know judged them in Paris, then they went back to NY and were judged by Heidi, Nelly, NeeeeenaGarrrrcia and some other designer that I don't know. Jeffrey won again (I don't know if I can bare the smugness we're bound to be hit with from him next week) Vincent got the boot! Yeah, that was the only highpoint in kind of a boring episode.





So, in a previous post, I showed you the old drying rack that I used as a mini room divider and a display for some of my favorite fabrics and linens. Last week we went to a great antique sale, and I found a much bigger drying rack. This one has 4 sections and is over 5 feet tall, plus it's on wheels. So, I couldn't pass it up and bought it to use as another room divider. My room is a large 22x22 ft room with no walls, so this rack will help break up the livingroom area from my bedroom area. I put it behind my couch and I hung 4 barkcloth drapes over it, 1 in each section. At first I wasn't sure how I liked it, since it was so big. But now I think that it is perfect, and I'm very happy with it. This is actually the first thing that I've bought for my new room. I had just started my strict Summer budget when I moved into the room, so I didn't allow myself to buy anything until now.
Above are two photos of the divider. That's my wicker couch which is falling apart. I have several blankets, comforters and spreads on it to make it a little more comfortable. Behind the divider is my bedroom area.

Oh, and the Crocodile Hunter, how very sad . I am a ginormous fan of him and his show. My favorites were the shows set in his zoo, where you get to meet the regular zoo crew and the animals and see the daily running of the zoo. What a great life, to grow up in a zoo, and to leave that legacy and love of animals and the environment to your children.
http://www.wildlifewarriors.org.au/


OK, now I have got to go get some work done. It's Thursday and I don't have next week's update done yet. I wasn't feeling well for a few days, and now I'm just being distracted by other stuff. Time to crack the whip and get to work!

Bye for now, Carol

No comments: