Must do something non-work related online . . .

I try not to spend all of my time online working, and I do occasionally look around for some fun and weird stuff online, and there's alot of it out there. My interests usually come and go in trends, depending on what's currently on my mind.
My latest interest is in laughing at celebrities. I don't know why, I generally find famous people very annoying and very inflated with their own self-importance in the world. But lately I scan blogs for gossip and yeah, paparazzi photos. 'The couple took a private moment for themselves' - yeah, in view of the camera crew to see them and get a few snaps. Anyway, here are some of the sites that I check out -
http://gofugyourself.typepad.com/
http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/
http://www.justjared.com/


Have you ever seen those personality or best mate quiz things? I like those too. Here's the results of a few that I did (yes, I am a dork)

I'm Mrs. Sirius Black
The HP Male Marriage Quiz made by Sapphire.


This is very flattering, but really, really untrue!

You are Betty Grable!

You're Betty Grable!
What Classic Pin-Up Are You?
brought to you by
Quizilla



OK, I have to talk about the turkeys! Maybe most people find having wild turkeys come into your yard boring, but I think it's pretty cool! One morning last week, we had 18 of them in the backyard! They kick leaves and dirt all over the place looking for bugs or something to eat. We throw corn from the feedstore out for them each morning too. We haven't seen any deer since one that wandered into the yard last Fall. But something is coming into the yard at night eating the corn that we put out for the turkeys. The thieves could be deer, but it's so dark out there at night, you cannot see. Anyway, here are some pictures of the turkeys, 16 of them, on the front yard. Right in front of our house is a large clearing bordered by magnolia trees and rhododendrun bushes, then the rest of the front yard is thick with laurel, oaks, pine and holly trees out to the street. So this front yard area cannot be seen from the road, it's very private for a turkey party - no paparazzzi here (except for me) click on the images for larger views -




I received my first book for the Vintage Clothing Altered Book project that I joined (see post below) I'm excited to get it started. I have until March 15th to finish it, but I'm ready to go now! I have 2 ideas laid out and I'm thinking, looking and tweaking them each time I walk by. The theme for the first book is 'It's a Lucy Thing' I'm going to do a Glamorous Lucy, from before Desi and the TV shows. Did you know, that when she was teenager, Lucille Ball modeled for Hattie Carnegie? I didn't know that, until I found it online. She modeled from about 1928 to 1933, here's one of her photos for Hattie -


Here are some quotes from Lucy that I saw and liked too -

- "I don't do T & A very well because I haven't got much of either'"
- “I'm not funny. What I am is brave.”
- “Luck? I don't know anything about luck. I've never banked on it and I'm afraid of people who do. Luck to me is something else: Hard work - and realizing what is opportunity and what isn't.”



Bye for now, Carol




No comments: